Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dinosaur week!

We had a blast with dog week and dinosaur week was even more fabulous. On Monday when the kids wake up, whatever theme we're doing for the week, is exploding on our dining room table. I have tons of books, videos, books on cd and manipulatives for the kids to look at and play with all morning long. In the teacher world, this is "setting the stage" for learning. So, while the kids are playing and generating questions(and arguing about who took who's dinosaur) I'm getting our first craft or game ready. It's all so simple but super fun to them because it's a) intentional and b) planned. Our days are not spent going from one craft to the next, don't get me wrong, however- it gives us something to go back to once our movie is over, our chores are finished we've gone for a walk etc. Okay, so anyway- here's a couple of things we did during dino week, I hope you might be inspired to plan something and share also! :) P.S. The volcano was really fun. We put baking soda and vinegar in the top and watched it explode.









1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! I want to be a cool mom like you...please counsel me!! Unimportant things always get in my way and I need to know how to prioritize! I feel like life is flying by and before I know it Ella will be in high school...it makes me sad!! HELP!!!

    ReplyDelete