Saturday, May 2, 2009

Derby Days~

I thought it'd be fun for the kids to watch the Kentucky Derby today and root for their favorite horse, so I came up with some fun little things to do to get them excited. I knew since the race was only 2 minutes long, it would hold their attention!

Thirty minutes before the race started I had them do a little "obstacle" course in the yard. It was really cute. They had to hula-hoop, do jumping jacks, bounce a tennis ball with a racket and sing "if you're happy and you know it". They traveled to each station while riding on a stick horse and Macy was cracking me up! She wants to do everything just like Garrett, it's so stinkin' cute.

After the obstacle course (and after the pizza delivery guy left) we picked our favorite horses. Of course we know nothing about the races so we just picked our favorite names. Everyone had $100 (fake!) to bet on their favorite horse to win (Nothing beats a lesson in gambling at the age of 4 and 1, eh?) None of our horses won, but Bill's horse placed. So, he got to treat us all to Orange Tree (bomb dot com, btw). It was a great way to end a crazy day.

The last two pictures are ones that Garrett took of Macy before school last week. He's not a bad shot!





2 comments:

  1. No way is that your little baby boy. I barely recognize him. I think he might have photography in his blood....

    ReplyDelete