Tuesday, April 28, 2009

teacher appreciation!

Since I'm a former teacher, I heart teachers. ALL kinds. homers, public, formers and especially the ones that teach MY children. This next week is teacher appreciation week at our school and I'm making these buckets for the moms to drop all their goodies in each day. My neighbor came up with the plan and hers have lots of polkadots all over the buckets (haven't done that to mine yet). She's super creative and all business when it comes to teacher appreciation (she's also a former teacher). Anyway, I'm also going to decorate their door with a cutey little saying and some die cuts.






Also, I took some pictures of our kids tonight while playing in the yard. We usually do indoor games on Tuesday nights, but we headed outside this time and Garrett and his daddy came up with some kind of hula-hoop game that involves shooting a rocket through the center of the hoop while it's moving? Macy and I enjoyed putting REAL bird eggs (that Garrett found and then claimed "I must be a great scientist!") in a REAL birds nest on our porch. Macy and I weren't really into the hula-hoop game. Then the kids each had a turn crying about something--- Why the crying, I ask myself? Well, Macy wanted the eggs back out of the nest and Garrett wanted to play Chutes and Ladders. I was thinking how funny it is that kids can have a turn in emotion on a whim. One car driving by while we're all smiles has a totally different perception than the car that drives by 5 minutes later. Ha Ha!







I had a chance to pull some weeds today and also transplant some monkey grass that needed a new home. Which of course got me thinking about my life and new growth. This is one of those "analogy" times where God really taught me that something can grow so beautiful in the right light and in the right spot. His light, His garden. As I was trying to pull up the monkey grass clumps, I actually bent my shovel because the ivy that it was growing in was so twisted and so tangled up within the plant. Oh what a lesson! I see so much of my past as a tangled, twisted mess that is wrapped up tightly in old sin that I'm still hanging on to. Eventually, like the monkey grass, I'll allow myself to be totally uprooted from my yesterdays and bloom and grow in the new spot of the garden God has selected especially for me.

Happy Gardening!

1 comment:

  1. You are so good! I love reading your daily inspirations! If you get a chance I need your friend to hook me up with a cuter "header" for my page. See you at practice next week...off to Canton this weekend!

    ReplyDelete