Friday, April 24, 2009

Diving




I've been so busy dumpster diving that I haven't posted much lately. BUT- I have found some treasures!! Well, my husband actually has been doing the "diving", I've been "receiving". If you don't know me or my family's business, you're probably appalled by my post- but have no fear, this is totally safe people. All you need is some good leather gloves and a trailor for hauling.

My parents own this place and as a family we've found great joy in finding "junk" and selling it to people. Tomorrow they'll been doing an outside market and I'm taking a retro medicine cabinet, some vintage hats and jewelry, an old play table with a built-in highchair (looks like a crazy baby contraption) and some old yearbooks to sell. I'll probably make enough to buy spring clothes for the fam. So, it's a high price to pay, but so fun and so worth it. I'll take some pictures tomorrow of my "stuff" and let you know if anyone buys it! I also got a lovely turquoise 8x10 oil painting of a beautiful bouquet of white fluffy flowers(in an awesome frame) that is NOT going to be sold because it's propped on an easel in our sunroom. Loverly.

No comments:

Post a Comment