Monday, April 13, 2009

Planning for the summer!

I'm determined to be very intentional about how we spend our summer. Of course, we'll have the good ol' "lazy days" of summer as usual; however, I've been here a lot lately and she's totally inspired me to pull out my teacher skills and 'theme' our weeks of summer. Here's a quick run down of the themes I'm going to implement:

1) Dinosaurs
2) Clifford/Dogs
3) Curious George
4) Dr. Suess
5) Beach

Each one will have a crafts, books, field trip, cooking and movie.

Garrett heard me telling a friend about all the fun things I'm planning and he perked up and said, "Really mom, we're going to do all those things!" Which of course is holding me accountable now.

Anyway, along with the themes, we'll be doing lots of crafts and cooking. I can only imagine how my patience is going to grow... I guess I'm always up for a challenge.


So, what are you doing this summer? Any fun ideas for me to copy?

2 comments:

  1. I love these ideas, and only wish I had any to share. I've never even heard of having themes for weeks. I think you should build in 'let mommy rest' week. That would be a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a mommy...cowboys/western, letter of the week/day-(eat sandwiches, sing, scoot around the house), royalty, nursery rhymes, 5 senses

    When you have dog week, Lily Kate is available as a guest barker!

    ReplyDelete