Sunday, April 5, 2009



A tulip from our yard-------I mean, our rent house yard.

And that got me thinking. Too bad this beautiful flower wasn't in our yard. Oh, poor me that I didn't plant tulip bulbs last fall in my yard.

Then, I was reminded by the creator that---guess what!-what you planted a long time ago (in a yard somewhere else) will be enjoyed by others for years to come, and sometimes it's much better to see others enjoy things you would like to have for yourself.

So, I started thinking about how my relationship with my kiddos relates to the whole "tulip in the wrong yard" saga and I this is what I decided I could learn: the seeds I plant today in their lives: scriptures, family traditions, love, guidance, chores, will not necessarily be my blessing but maybe for someone else. Maybe their spouse(hopefully) or children or roommate. And actually, I think that would bless my socks off even more!

Now when I see tulips (my yard or not!) I'll remember to keep training my children, whether I will see the payoff or not~

xoxox

3 comments: