Monday, March 30, 2009

Analogies

The other day a question was asked of my small group in sunday school. It was.....drum roll please, "How does God speak specifically to you?" (or something like that). I immediately knew EXACTLY how God speaks to me, but the funny thing is, I never really could answer that question with certainty before. So, I answered: analogies! He speaks to me through ANALOGIES! Here's a few He's used lately to get my attention:

Macy wanting more vitamins than she needs for the day. = Me wanting more-NOW! He is the giver and He controls my portion.

Our master shower needed remodeling due to a leak that was noticed first in my closet. = Take away your layers and you can see the real problem.

Garrett not wanting to take naps anymore, in turn, leaves him cranky in the late afternoon. = You can't make sense of anything until you rest (in Me).


Just some thoughts~

No comments:

Post a Comment