Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vulnerable

A friend and I were having a conversation about a situation she encountered that reassured her of her physical self-concept. As the story unfolded I could absolutely see her point of view. After pondering her thoughts, I decided that transparency is such a beautiful way to encourage others. Even through her telling the story, my physical self was encouraged.

I'm so encouraged when I visit a friend and the house isn't perfect. I'm so encouraged when someone tells me they doubt important decisions. I'm so encouraged when I hear a sister in Christ admit she doesn't believe God could use her because of all the bad choices she's made. I'm so encouraged by transparency!

It encourages me because it's a vulnerability that says: "I'm made new" and that inspires me! I long to be made new. Everyday. I believe that along with the encouragement I'm blessed with when people are "real", I also feel freedom to become more and more transparent myself.

So, my peoples, bless someone by being transparent. But remember there's a fine line...don't go airin' all the laundry at once!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! It makes me feel normal when moms admit to worries, failures, or whatever. We have so many high expectations on ourselves and I'm often blinded by those to look around me and see we are all in the same boat.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete