Sunday, March 8, 2009







The pictures I posted today each have a cute little story....


The first picture is of Macy before our family bike ride tonight. She was so excited to go on the bike with daddy. When we first took off from the driveway she was screaming with excitement. Literally screaming because she was so excited. I love these kind of moments as a parent. To see and hear your kids enjoy life. I love it. I wish someone could have taken our picture as we traveled down our neighborhood road. I felt like we were all little ducks in a row. I'm excited to share more moments like this now that the sun is shining later!

The second picture is of Garrett riding his bike. This is the bike he learned to ride on without training wheels when he was only 3 yrs. old. I remember vividly the winter day he decided he was going to ride his bike without training wheels. It was a Sunday morning and I was home with the kids(not at church, Macy had a long night). After a few runs from the driveway into the grass and back onto the driveway, he was going a short distance on his own. Soon, after a while of practicing, daddy came home from church to see his son riding around the driveway on his own. All this to say, this May Garrett will turn 5 and he's outgrown his "starter" bike. He's going to be getting a new bike "one that looks like a motorcycle, momma" and I'll soon be turning another page from firsts-to-next with Garrett.


The last one is a picture of Macy's feet. Precious little baby feet that are still only a size 4. Today she wore some "big girl" tennis shoes to church and they rubbed blisters on her heels so she REFUSED to wear anything on her feet for the rest of the day. I don't blame her. However, it was a glorious day outside which is where we spent the majority of the afternoon, so her cute little toes have dirt smashed in them and her crooked little toenails look like her brother's feet after a hard day of play. I can't wait to look back on these feet in 10 years. Which reminds me, for all you baby feet lovin' mommas- I hang my babies first pair of shoes on the Christmas tree every year...it's so sweet to look at.

Happy daylight to you my friends!

1 comment: