Friday, March 13, 2009

cracked heels




My husband took this photo while he was on a mission trip in Mexico last year. I fell in love with it. It's framed and hanging in my laundry room, where I see it often. I sometimes drift into thoughts such as, " I wonder what this lady is doing right now?... Washing clothes by hand while I have the awesome luxury of using a machine?" "Wishing her husband could have a day off to play with the kids?" "Wishing she could use a telephone?" Hmm, then I snap ever so abruptly out of my pity party I may be having for the moment/day/week and remember that my cup overflow-eth! Amen sisters~ What reminds you that your cup overflows?

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing reminder you have given yourself.......and a beautiful photo. I have so many friends who have lost babies to death or failed adoption this year and just looking at my healthy babies is a reminder to me daily to thank God for that blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great pic! makes me feel a teesy bit bad i got the most amazing pedicure yesterday. i need to take a mission trip like that someday....sooner rather than later would be great.

    ReplyDelete