Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anytime, Anywhere

After picking up the babes from mdo today I decided to swing by Lowes and get another roll of landscaping fabric to finish the project in my front yard I started............last summer. Before making it inside, Garrett was upset about something but as hard as I tried, I couldn't seem to ask the right questions to pull it out of him ( the apple doesn't fall too far!). It ended up with some frustrating comments and looks and then he started to cry. I opened the side door of the car and reached for him and he melted in my arms. I sat, half in the van, half out and held him tight while he cried. Did I notice ANYONE else in the parking lot? no. Did I care? no. I was just deliriously happy that my shirt was soaking wet with his tears. Meanwhile, his sweet baby  sister had wriggled out of her carseat to find his bear to give to him. Oh, the love that was flowing through my chambers. As he ended his crying episode, he said, "Now I'm just sad that I was angry at you." Well, that resulted in even more crying and hugging and loving (sitting in the open van) in the parking lot at Lowes. 
We then decided to go into the store and get what we came for and I ended up leaving with my landscaping fabric and a whole lotta lovin' from my babes. I never really found out why he was so emotional after school but I was nudged by the Spirit to pray for insight to their needs because they may not be able to or may not want to tell me. So, thank you God for the meltdown in the parking lot of Lowes on this lovely day You made! 

2 comments:

  1. No matter how much it breaks your heart that they are so upset, it is so nice that they come to you for comfort....I pray that never ends...my 7 year old came home from practice the other night...just exhausted and just sat in my lap and cried and cried...I love it that he's not too tough to cry to his Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Think I'll go sneak some kisses from my kids while they are sleeping. And terribly cute and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete